Can someone please explain the relation between
unbreak input profile (logarithmic mode) and
filmic rgb?

The online manual says, that unbreak is required
for certain input profiles, while some research
on filmic seems to imply that unbreak was sort
of an early version of filmic and they are not
supposed to be used together.

Who exactly brakes my input profile? Which are
those "certain" profiles, and is it no longer
true, that unbreaks's sin is to introduce
logarithmic colors too early in the pixel pipe
(IIRC)?

I'm trying to use a custom made ICC profile
(LUT, XYZ) for my camera as an input color
profile, which has served me well in the past
as a replacement for the base curve. But I'm
still struggling with filmic, tone equalizer
and color balance.

Thanks,