It has been suggested that the JPG files (that we see in the viewfinder) are artificially boosted by the camera manufacturer. In the case of Fuji files the 'boost' is about 1.25 stops. Some software may be already compensating for this 'behind the scenes'. Darktable is now providing such a boost as a part of automating the scene referred exposure module, as seenĀ  in the most recent git version.

David

On 2020-10-28 1:01 p.m., Juan Navarro wrote:
Could be this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/darktable-user@lists.darktable.org/msg10006.html

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 12:33 PM Rudi <rudiwu...@telenet.be> wrote:

Darktable 3.2.1 MX Linux 19

I shoot RAW + JPEG. Since switching to MX Linux and reinstalling
Darktable the raws of my Fuji turn dark (although not always but many
times) as if the exposure was lowered with at least 1 stop. The
histogram also shows the darkened picture.

I do not have that problem with Rawtherapee.

Does somebody has a clue what is happening?

Thank you

Rudi