Another really good card reader comes from Anker - https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Reader-RS-MMC-Micro/dp/B006T9B6R2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3BXI9II028H6I&dchild=1&keywords=anker+sd+card+reader+usb+3.0&qid=1609611450&sprefix=anker+sd+card+reader%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-3. That said, my G9 has a USB3.0 port on it, so cabling it to one of the USB 3.0 ports on my laptop is every bit as fast as, if not faster than using the external card reader, and negates the need to extract the cards from the camera and replace them later.  Doing so does not transfer the images to the darktable database, but does make the files available to be imported when darktable is opened and the folders are accessed.

Willy Williams