In theory, a converted DNG is "better" than a TIFF in the sense that it has
not been demosaiced, so some important steps regarding color sensitivity
and resolution of the sensor have not yet "interpreted" by the particular
conversor used. However, according to [1], some irreversible steps are
taken (in particular, black point correction), which make it "worse" than
the original RAW file.

[1]
https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/47198/when-raw-files-are-converted-to-dng-are-any-irreversible-demosaicing-happening
,