Hi Kevin,

> Just to be sure: I updated the nl.po with the .pot, after I
> (hopefully) complete this, how often should I redownload the .pot to
> update the catalogue?

It depends really. Some people are following closely and update the
translation every week. I would say that once a month is ok and of
course just before a release when string freeze is announced to be sure
the translation is complete.

>  Is there a way to get updates on this file or should I just
> periodically check the file?

Just check the timestamp of the POT file yes. On the wiki I pointed to
we have the first location for po file:

https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/tree/master/po

And looking you'll see the last update of darktable.pot.

Hope this clarify the process.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B