Hello everybody,

for the last couple of days I was checking my image library which also
included having a closer look at some older (2-3 years) images. During
that I noticed that the white balance changed (partly) very drastically
for some of them. It seems that Sony ARW files are most affected but
there are also slight differences in Canon CR2 files. By closer
inspection it seems that the changes are caused by the "White Balance"
module and more specific because of the "camera reference" instead of
the "as shot" setting. For all of the affected images I did not change
this setting. Images that I explicitly set an white balance for ("from
image area" or "user modified") did not change.

I cannot recall what the setting was after the initial import ("camera
reference" or "as shot") but as they looked differently back than (of
that I am sure because I have jpg exports from Darktable) I assume one
of the following happened:

 * The default changed from "as shot" to "camera reference" for old images
 * The interpretation/implementation of "camera reference" changed

Was there a change like that in the last some years? And is there a way
to revert that? I guess I could change the white balance setting for the
images directly in the library database but I'm not sure how I can
identify those that are affected.

Thanks a lot & Best regards
Thomas