Hi,

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 at 04:01, 01myphotos01 <01myphoto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I worked further on an edited image and exported it. The re-edited image does
> not get saved and shows as a black image only.

Some modules may produce negative pixel values, and some code
(especially OpenCL-accelerated computations) cannot deal with that.
Though, when this happens, I usually see it in the editor, not just
when exporting.
You may try:
- turning on the option 'clip negative RGB from gamut' in 'color
calibration', if you use that module
- using 'black level correction' in 'exposure' (the scene-referred
workflow comes with a default of -0.0002; you may experiment with
numbers between 0 and, say -0.01 -- setting too large a number will
produce faded blacks)
- if you use large contrast or saturation boosts, reducing them
- toggling modules one-by-one to find the culprit

Also, do you use any styles that are added automatically in the
'export' module? It could explain why you can edit but not export.

You may have a better chance of getting help at
https://discuss.pixls.us/c/software/darktable/19, where it is much
easier to attach images and sidecar files. Many of the developers are
there.

Kofa
Kofa