I checked the darktable database and could not find an entry of that EXIF field in the database itself - that means that there is no native way to do this in dt directly. So I assume that Bill as "master of lua" had something in mind like a lua-script working e. g. with exiftool to filter the required images and perhaps show them in lighttable (?).
But that's nothing I can help any further with any details.