Hello All,
I'm on
dt 3.8.0
Linux - EndeavourOS (Arch)

Trying to import .CR3 files from a Canon R5 by using the 'add to library'
function and 'initial rating' set to either 1 or 2
Images are imported and XMP is created - initial rating does not work.

Rating remains at '0' as seen through the dt lighttable interface and my
reading the XMP file. Other metadata is being written to the XMP file such
as creator, publisher etc

I checked the lists and found a similar issue which was reported in version
3.4 on Debian ...
https://www.mail-archive.com/darktable-user@lists.darktable.org/msg10520.html
This mail list entry only had one comment which referred to this bug ...
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/6904

This was closed citing the new import panel rework.

Initially I thought the import wasn't working as my lighttable view was
selected as 'view >= 1' but the problem is that the ratings were all 0.

Problem isn't stopping me from using dt but it obviously isn't correct - at
least on my machine.

Thanks
Alex