On dimanche 20 mars 2022 00:20:09 CET Andrew Greig wrote:
> I have been told that I can recover the xmp files from my exported (and
> correct) jpgs. So I need to discover the process. I imagine that I would
> need to load my jpg files into Darktable instead of my RAW files with
> their ovewritten xmp files. But what is next, please?

No, you should *not* inport your jpegs in darktable.

What you can do, is read the jpeg as a sidecar file:
select the required image in the lightroom, and in the right sidebar, the
module "history stack" has an option "load sidecar file". Click that and
select the jpeg you want to use the edit from.
Afaik, there's no easy way to automate that for a group of images.

And may I suggest regular backups of at least the database (ideally also of
the images and sidecar files)?

Remco

P.S. your previous problems were with the *"export"* module, here you seem to
have been using the "history stack module". Different modules, so the "append/
overwrite" switches are independent!