On mercredi 6 avril 2022 23:00:19 CEST tony Hamilton wrote:
> On 06/04/2022 20:48, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * tony Hamilton<shaky.st...@ntlworld.com>  [04-06-22 14:30]:
> >> Is this most useful of documents, by Jean-Pierre Verrue, dated
> >> 06/03/2019,
> >> the latest version for dt 3.8 ?
> >
> > what document would that be?
>
> The document with the name as given in the subject line of my original
> post. Easily found in Pixls,Us under the topic
>

>   "How to tell where darktable’s data folder is
>
> <https://discuss.pixls.us/t/how-to-tell-where-darktables-data-folder-is/216
> 28>"
A link which could have been given in the original post, avoiding the need for
many to waste time before they can even start answering the question...

It's simple, really: providing the information needed up front makes it easier
to get an answer (and usually quicker). No protocol, just basic self-interest.
The more as those that are best placed to answer, are usually also the most
solicited.

Remco