I had a similar query a couple of months ago that I put on the lists. So I
second this request.

My point was that the color picker prevents some functions in the modules
but unless you know this you can spend time clicking around wondering why a
function doesn't work. Either have the module running in the background as
suggested by David or have some indication that makes it obvious that the
color picker is active when a blocked function is selected - maybe a popup
next to the mouse (though I think this is an atypical behaviour).

Thanks as always to the devs
Alex