On mercredi 13 juillet 2022 10:20:50 CEST Mikael Ståldal wrote:
> Now I get the same problem when importing a new photo in 4.0. It's fine
> right after import, but as soon as I change something in the White
> Balance module, I get the "while balance applied twice" warning, and in
> Color Calibration it says "white balance module error".
>
> I get this in the console:
> -----
> [color calibration] white balance error
> [color calibration] white balance error
> [color calibration] white balance error
> [white balance] double application of white balance
> [white balance] double application of white balance
> [color calibration] white balance error
That's exactly the planned behaviour: if you want to use the color calibration
module, the white balance module should be set to "camera reference".
The reasoning behind that is that the demosaic module needs some form of white
balancing/camera correction to give a decent result, but the proper place to
correct for illuminant (aka colour of scene lighting) is later in the
pipeline.

For more precise information, you may want to check Aurelien Pierre's posts
and articles (on pixls.us iirc).

So, either leave WB module in "camera reference", correct white balance in
color calibration module,
or don't use the color calibration module for setting the white balance. You
can set the adaptation to "none (bypass)" if you want to use the other
possibilities of this module.

Remco

Remco.