Patrick Shanahan schrieb am 12.11.22 um 20:11:
* Bengt Falke <be...@falke.nu> [11-12-22 14:05]:
I need to move DT and all images from my wifes Macbook pro to
a Linux Mint computer. I understand that most are in the XMP files but
some info are in the DB. Where can I find info on what is where?
How should I go about moving all to a new computer and a new OS?

Are there instructions somewhere?
specific, I am not aware, but ...

install dt on the new computer
copy the images and accompanying xmp files to new computer
copy the macbook equivalent "/home/user/.config/darktable" to the new
computer, /home/<user>/.config/darktable

import the relocated image files on the new computer

and except for dt needing to recreate the cache files, you should be good
to go are retain all edits and configurations.

gud luk,
I write this again and again ...
Copy the archive and the profile like Patrick suggests.

But then: do not import, just use this cool feature of darktable to adjust the
paths to your archive:
https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/4.0/en/module-reference/utility-modules/shared/collections/#updating-the-folder-path-of-moved-images

<https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/4.0/en/module-reference/utility-modules/shared/collections/#updating-the-folder-path-of-moved-images>updating
 the folder path of moved images