I tried using darktable today and found I can only find some of my images
by browsing in the collections control.  Browsing by tag had some tags
missing.  Switching to browsing by capture date again had dates missing,
though this time the ones that are there are a range and it is the older
dates that are missing.

Taking the capture date in more detail, my collection includes images from
2005 through to 2023 but when I pick collections and then expand capture
date I get a choice of 2023 going back to 2014 but no older.

As far as I can tell the images are still in the database.

Also, does anyone know how the date/time values are stored in the
database.  The database column is of type number but the number does not
appear to be time since the Unix epoch in either ms or ns.

This is using 4.2.1, though 4.2.0 also behaves the same.

Steve.