On 2023-03-14 07:54, Remco Viëtor wrote:
On mardi 14 mars 2023 11:19:55 CET Thomas Schweikle wrote:
Hi!

How can I reset a module, here exposure, to defaults?
Whatever I did this module keeps "compensate camera exposure" active, sets
exposure to +0.7ev and black level correction to -0.0002.
I'd like to have it:
* "compensate camera exposure" inactive,
* "exposure" set to 0.0ev, and
* "black level correction" to 0.0

Any idea how to set defaults without creating a new setting?
If you want exactly those values, best use a auto-applied preset.

I *think* the black level correction is always set to -0.0002 to avoid
introducing negative values. "Compensate camera exposure" and the +0.7EV
exposuse are the defaults when you use the "scene-referred" for "auto-apply
pixel workflow default". If you use "none" there, those should be inactive (?)
(but you get *no* default activated modules)

Remco
Yes, the only way to get what you want is to have no default workflow, i. e., setting workflow to "none" in the Preferences. I have set up a number of styles for the various workflows I use (black and white, colour film, colour digital, etc) which I apply to whichever image I am working on.  Creating a style is easy: enable and set up the the modules you always use for the type of image, then right-click on the symbol on the bottom right of the history stack, then fill in the pop-up with name and check the modules you would like to be part of the style. When you have an image in front of you, you can then apply the style by clicking on the Styles from the right margin in lighttable view, or clicking on the middle symbol on the bottom left of the darktable view.  Should you wish to tweak a style, follow the same procedure but give it the same name and dt will ask if you want to overwrite it. I find this better than using auto-applied presets since you do not have to worry about an inappropriate module being activated for a particular workflow.

Jack