here is a list of what works and what not ...
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/graphics:darktable
(might be possible to get to work with a lot of hacks though - obviously like
William did)

William Ferguson schrieb am 04.07.23 um 08:05:
I build it

On Tue, Jul 4, 2023, 12:00 AM Niranjan Rao <nhr...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 7/3/23 19:48, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
don't really know but would bet it is.  a simple proof would be to try
it.
     warning, backup your library.db before trying as I believe 4.41
library
     is not backward compatible with 4.40.
The question becomes where to get it from? OBS repository does not show
it nor does Ubuntu updates. I don't expect Ubuntu updates to update as
historically they haven't once stable release is released. But one could
get binaries from OBS which seems not to be happening. Hence the question.

Regards,

Niranjan

regards
Bernhard