Hi Greig,

On Sun, 30 Jul 2023 14:58:48 +1000
Andrew Greig <and...@algphoto.com.au> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I have read the chapter in the Fine Manual on tethering, but I have
> an issue with the system capturing the camera before darktable can
> assert itself. If I am lucky the icon for the attached camera appears
> on my Linux Mint Desktop, then I can unmount the camera and get
> darktable to mount it. It appearsĀ  in lsusbĀ  as Easy Camera.
>
> My best case scenario would be to make darktable the default, and the
> heck with anything else. But that is beyond my skill level.
>
> I am hoping to run a ZOOM meeting on Thursday night where a tethered
> camera is required.

The easiest way is to wait to connect the camera until Darktable is
started and in case you need to work with the camera in another program
then disconnect the camera before starting Darktable.

The problem is that connecting a device to a program is like bluetooth
- when one device are connected connections to other devices are
  blocked. In technical terms these connections are 1 - 1.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/A1306C5094B5E31B7721A3A66F4844C7CA7501AA
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/0C14CD9479667E848770C8F98417B6C5E1BB093F
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/5F71405B571CB8EE2A414A4FC77C11E049A06E66

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act.' -George Orwell

/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Smoking Prohibited.  Absolutely no ifs, ands, or butts.