Rocky Bernstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I notice dash doesn't seem to have a --restricted option like bash or
> come as a restricted shell like ksh (rksh).
>
> Thought and comments?

POSIX rationale says:

        The options associated with a restricted shell (command name rsh
        and the -r option) were excluded because the standard developers
        considered that the implied level of security could not be
        achieved and they did not want to raise false expectations.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>