Hello,

my dash version is 0.5.5.1-7.4 (from debian/stable I believe)

I ran these two commands on a system where atftpd is not running and I am
getting different results

/bin/dash -c "pgrep -f /usr/sbin/atftpd"; echo $?
-vs-
/bin/bash -c "pgrep -f /usr/sbin/atftpd"; echo $?

The dash version returns the PID of the grep itself and thus always succeeds.
The bash version works as expected.

Sorry if this is an old bug that is already fixed...
Has it been reported? (and fixed?) I saw a patch about the "-c" mode in  but it
was reverted...

--
Richard Retanubun