On 28/03/2018 10:16, Herbert Xu wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 09:38:04AM +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:

Also, it's just as logical to restore the case pattern matching to its
traditional behaviour to align it with pathname expansion.

No I think that makes no sense and clearly contradicts POSIX.

That's not clear at all. As I already wrote earlier and Jilles Tjoelker chimed in with as well, if there isn't a single shell out there that actually implements what POSIX specifies (bash gets close, but isn't fully there either), not even the shells on which the POSIX specification was based, there's a fair chance it's a POSIX defect, regardless of whether it makes sense.

Cheers,
Harald van Dijk