Pierre Östlund wrote:

>> I filed a bug. If it is a Thunderbird backend problem, then it's also
>> causing problems with the rest of the index. I just reran the test,
>> but let beagle index for an hour instead of 5 minutes. This way there
>> are quite a few files that have "test" in them. But after shutting
>> down, starting up, and rerunning the query, it still looks like the
>> index is empty.

> Indeed we have a Thunderbird backend related bug here. To be more
> specific the mork implementation. It fails to load your .msf files
> containing information about what to index. This should however not
> affect how beagle index other things in other backends since all
> backends have separate indexes. Are you sure that they really are empty
> (check with beagle-info --index-info while running the daemon)? Might be

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ beagled --bg;sleep 20s; beagle-index-info |grep Count
;beagle-shutdown
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0
Count: 0

The index is definitely empty.

> another bug if they are. Perhaps you could include a complete log file
> in the bug you just opened?

Sorry, but it includes sensitive information (like who our customers are). If
there's something more specific you'd like to see I can take a look for you.

After I told Joe that my home directory (but not BEAGLE_STORAGE) is on NFS, he
thinks it has something to do with the way some synchronization is going on.

Tim
--
Tim Newsome, Green Hills Probe Code Monkey at GHS; out 10/30, 11/6
[EMAIL PROTECTED], 805-965-6044 ext. 235, http://www.ghs.com/