I hope there are some PHP developer's in this list, i'm trying to
override the save method in a model, my model class goes like this:
class Interest

     include DataMapper::Resource

     # properties
     property :user_id, Integer, :key => true
     property :question_id, Integer, :key => true
     timestamps :at

    # associations

    belongs_to :user, :child_key => [:user_id]
    belongs_to :question, :child_key => [:question_id]

 end

And here is the PHP code that i'm translating to DataMapper

$con = Propel::getConnection();
  try
  {
    $con->begin();

    $ret = parent::save($con);

    // update interested_users in question table
    $question = $this->getQuestion();
    $interested_users = $question->getInterestedUsers();
    $question->setInterestedUsers($interested_users + 1);
    $question->save($con);

    $con->commit();

    return $ret;
  }
  catch (Exception $e)
  {
    $con->rollback();
    throw $e;
  }

I tried with this:

def save
  transaction do |txn|
   question.interested_users += 1
  end
end

The question model already have the property 'interested_users'.

Thanks in advance.

--
Rafael George