The 0.10.x series doesn't yet support self referential many to many
relationships. You can have a look at
http://github.com/snusnu/dm-is-self_referential which provides a
temporary workaround. You don't get all the stuff fully supported
SRMTM relationships would give you, but it's better than nothing, and
also provides a nice declarative way of specifying them imho. Don't be
afraid to have a look at the code of the plugin to see if it fits your
needs. It's very small and simple.

HTH
snusnu