Hello

I'm trying to branch based on the return value of first_or_create, but
something eludes me.

flight = Flight.first_or_create({:avatar_id => avatar.id, :mission_id =>
mission.id} , {:monture_id => monture.id, :role_id => role.id, :temps_vol
=> params[:temps_vol], :statutfinmission_id => statut.id})

When the user submits a new Flight entry, I first check if an entry already
exists (using the table's composite key avatar.id + mission.id).

But as I understand it, flight will always return true, whether it creates
a new record or finds one already existing. Is this correct? Is there
anyway to differentiate between the two cases?

Thx a bunch.