On Dec 1, 2012, at 7:30 AM, solnic wrote:

> Hey Perry,
>
> DM1 implements Active Record pattern so there's no big difference between DM1
> and ActiveRecord in Rails from the app's design point of view. You *can*
> separate persistence concerns from domain logic using either DM1 or AR;
> however, it adds a lot of extra work so you should really think if that's
> what you need.
>
> It's also probably worth to mention that DM1's development is no longer very
> active. We're busy working on the next major version of DM which implements
> Data Mapper pattern and that's probably something you're looking for
> unfortunately it's not finished yet.
>
> If you want to learn about DM 2.0 you can check out my slides from RubyShift
> conf: https://speakerdeck.com/solnic/datamapper-2-an-object-mapping-toolkit

Thank you immensely.  Things make much more sense now.  It was DM 2.0 that was
being mentioned in the other sources.

Is it too early to use DM 2?  As I said, my current project is mostly to learn.
 I'd be more than happy to piddle and play and provide some feedback.  I
usually use Postgres

Thank you again,
Perry