Are you using DataMapper to store your models in a redis keystore (e.g.
using dm-redis-adapter), or are you using a relational database and just
wondering how you can get a similar feature?  If it's the latter, I don't
know of any relational databases that has such a feature built-in, so
DataMapper can't really do it by itself; I would probably create
delayed_jobs to handle the destroys:

https://github.com/collectiveidea/delayed_job