Not quite.  Datamapper does two things intelligently.  The first is that it
infers what it's supposed to do based on the value of a property.

So when you say `People.all(age: (start..end))` it'll infer that you want
to look for ages within that range.

Additionally DataMapper allows you to use structured keys to indicate other
relationships.  Early in DataMapper's life, back when it was still okay to
patch core classes, DataMapper by default added some methods on Symbol that
allowed you to say things like :age.gt and have that Do The Right Thing.

That's fallen out of vogue directly, but you can still use structured keys
as strings.  So you should be able to say `People.all("age.gt": 15)` and
it'll look for everyone older than 15.