Dear all,

This is about something that has been simmering in our minds ever since
Siddharth Hande and I attended the opendatacamp in Bangalore earlier this
year. I have also been discussing this with some of you offline. We have
finally mustered the confidence that we can pull together an interesting
event in Hyderabad that builds on some of what we learnt at the ODC at
Bangalore.

The website for the event is at  Do Din <http://www.do-din.org>
http://www.do-din.org
facebook community is at Do Din Facebook
Community<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Do-Din/399386580160963>

The idea is to organize a two-day event called Do Din over the weekend of
December 14 and 15 of this year. We are thinking of this as an annually
recurring event. This being the first year, is our first attempt to put in
place and test the principles of organizing an urban event of this kind.

We want to blur the divides between technology, social science and art. So,
we are organizing the event in two intertwined tracks: one being an urban
technology track in which we are broadly thematizing as urban data: maps,
apps and visualization. We want to pack in a series of brainstorming
sessions and thick interactive and collaborative work sessions involving
data users (e.g. government and non governmental).

The other is an urban art track in which we are organizing a series of
events that will allow people to share  stories about living in these
cities.

We see this really as an opportunity to bring together data practioners and
users of different kinds together around the urban question.

The event will be organized in an area that will be easily accessible to
everyone from all over the city.

We will keep updating you as we go along. But we need help in brainstorming
and organizing the sessions. So please do look up the website and the fb
page. And we look forward to suggestions / ideas on this list (or offlist)
on how to make this work.

anant maringanti
On behalf of Do Din organizing committee

--
http://www.hyderabadurbanlab.com

Hyderabad Urban Labs
Phone: +91 9618251776
10-5-71/1,*Gulshan*-*E*-*Khalil*,Masab Tank,
Opposite Garden Tower,
Hyderabad
India 500028

--