Hi,
I found this interesting article by a guy who downloaded and processed the
Voter list of Delhi: https://medium.com/p/1aff55526881

I found this via a discussion on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/22pn8u/i_wrote_a_few_simple_python_scripts_to_retrieve/

I'll like to quote his findings here:

   1. It is possible to automate the retrieval of every single PDF roll all
   across India
   2. These PDFs can then be processed in a matter of minutes to produce
   details like Addresses, names, father’s name, gender, age and voters ID
   number for every single registered voter of India
   3. Nearly 25% of the Voter IDs assigned within only Delhi fail to
   conform to the government format, and fail the Luhn Checksum test used to
   validate them. It is likely that other states are in a similar, if not
   worse condition

Regards,

Devdatta Tengshe

--