Thanks, Snehashish,

A responsible officer of ECI told me that the rolls are published in the
open so that people can detect fraudulent entries in their neighbourhood
and lodge a complaint so that bogus registrations can be removed. That
stands to reason. But the threat to security is also considerable.

What, do you feel, is the way to tackle this?

Best wishes,
Milind Khadilkar