Is this official page of SOI? Saw some photos from Tokyo etc posted by the
page...

On 16 December 2014 at 14:58, Thejesh GN <i...@thejeshgn.com> wrote:

> saga continues, this one is the latest by SoI on Facebook[1], I have
> archived[2], concerns to domain .com and .cn. I couldn find the same
> on notices section of SoI[3]
>

> Reproducing the post:
>
> [QUOTE]
> Survey of India, Office of the Surveyor General of India,
> December 12 at 8:34pm ·
> It is observed that M/s Google Map is wrongly depicting external
> boundaries of India on maps hosted by them on different domains,
> namely http://www.google.cn/maps/@25.7377892,88.726647,4z
> andhttps://www.google.com/maps/@25.1367452,80.1073483,4z , which are
> not equivalent to Government of India authentication.
> The correct official boundaries of India has been shown
> athttp://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/fil…/Correct_India_Map_1.pdf
> In this regard, on the instructions of Department of Science &
> Technology, Survey of India has officially filled a FIR with SHO, PS
> Dalanwala, Dehradun on 12-12-2014 at 18:00 hrs requesting them to take
> appropriate legal action against M/s Google Maps for displaying
> incorrect map of India.
> [/QUOTE]
>

> [1]
> https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=894090357277177&id=277739112245641&fref=nf
> [2] https://archive.today/BCKxo
> [3] http://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/notices/archive
>

> Thej
> --
> Thejesh GN ⏚ ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
> http://thejeshgn.com
> GPG ID :  0xBFFC8DD3C06DD6B0

-------
Cheers,

*Shree | Associate Editor | *
*Oorvani Foundation**Citizen Matters <http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in> -
Bangalore's own online news magazine*
Bangalore | Tel: +91-80-4173 7584 | Mobile: +91-95909 35559
Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/citizenmatters> | Follow us on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/citizenmatters>