This is what we have been doing so far to engage with BMTC regarding its
new ITS system and requesting them to host a public consultation regarding
their data policy.

http://datameet.org/2016/08/05/bmtc-intelligent-transportation-system-its-open-transport-data/

Its been 2 months since the ITS system has been officially announced ready
and according to the tender document, they would be carrying out Evaluation
& Monitoring of the system. We have requested to be part of this monitoring
process as we are interested in making sure the system works without any
flaws.

BMTC is spending 1-2 crore as maintenance every month, with appropriate
open source tools we could bring it slightly down and also make sure it is
working smoothly. We asked several questions regarding this and expected
they answered us, unfortunately we might have to file RTIs as the response
from BMTC has been thin so far.

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali
www.lostprogrammer.com