Please refer the below mail for further details.

p.s : Passing on the information, not an active member of the team, so dont
have more info.

On Friday 29 July 2016 02:41 PM, parminder wrote:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Isf] The first Internet Social Forum
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:39:29 +0530
From: parminder <parmin...@itforchange.net> <parmin...@itforchange.net>
To: i...@internetsocialforum.net

Dear All,

We are sorry that there has not been any news about the first Internet
Social Forum meeting. The problem is that we have still not been able to
put together the required resources, although we have a venue and a ground
team in Hyderabad, India, worked out. However, we are not going to allow
this to dampen our spirit and commitment. It just means that it will take
longer, and we see the first ISF meeting now going to early 2017. Whoever
we talk to about this initiative, we find great interest, even enthusiasm.
it. But the real thing is to get enough funders to put in there money -
which has yet not added up. But we will get there.

Although it is just I who have been corresponding with you, let me assure
you that there are a number of committed people busy behind the scene to
make ISF a reality! We know that it is the first ISF that requires the
biggest shove, and the 'power' and importance of this area is such that
once we do the first one well, it should take a momentum of its own.

We do solicit any ideas, not necessarily funds related (which of course are
most welcome), that you may want to contribute to holding of the first
meeting of ISF.

Meanwhile, we were planning to hold an event on the ISF at this year's
World Social Forum in Montreal, as we held one in Tunis last year. The
Montreal WSF is from 9th to 14th Aug. Although we registered an event
titled " Laying the seeds for a movement for a People's Internet" for
Montreal WSF, it so happens that four of us who were the key organisers of
the event are all, for different reasons, not able to travel to Montreal.
We have therefore cancelled the on-site meeting at Montreal.

*We have now decided to hold a virtual meeting on the 5th of August, from
1330 to 1530 hrs UTC/ GMT, that some of us in India will anchor from
Hyderabad, under the same topic "Laying the seeds for a movement for a
People's Internet", but with the main objective of discussing and seeking
inputs for holding the first ISF.* This meeting will be linked with the WSF
process through the latter's extension mechanisms.

We will discuss both

1. Substantive issues about what should be the major subject thrust of the
ISF, what key messages sent out in its framing, whether sub activities like
developing a possible People's Internet Manifesto should be taken up, and
if so, at which stage, and so on.

2. Procedural issues, like what actors, organisations etc to connect with,
what lessons do we have from similar WSF thematic forums in other areas,
what and how resources can be gathered, local organisational on-the-ground
issues, and so on.

This is just a tentative agenda, and suggestions are welcome.

We invite as many of you to join us in this virtual meeting, the means of
doing which will be shared here soon.

In Solidarity

parminder