Hi Harry,
Thanks for uploading the shapefiles. I opened the Punjab AC shapfiles in R.
The constituency names in the shapefile don't match with the current 2017
constituency names (as reported in HT maps posted by your team).  For
example, the first few names are

> punjab.shp$AC_NAME    (# R command for extracting names)
  [1] Pathankot   [2]  Sujanpur [3]  Narot Mehra  [4] Dina Nagar

Please note that some of these names such as "Narot Mehra" is not in the
current list.
I would assume that Election Commission source has the current data.

Paramjit Gill
University of British Columbia