Hi Partap,
I checked your posted map for Punjab elections results. I think there is a
bug somewhere. When I click at the map to see back ground data (such as the
constituency name), the map does not match with the actual geography. For
example, the name "Abohar" appears far way from the real location of Abohar
in Punjab. I wonder if the constituency names in the shapefiles are wrong.
I found this by opening the shapefiles in the R software that I routinely
use.
Paramjit Gill