enclosing a mapping of 2001-2011 village / town codes. these files were
retrieved from http://egovstandards.gov.in/code-directories-of-
generic-data-elements-for-land-region-codification (link at bottom), quite
some time back, though that link no longer works.

the big 'missing link' here is urban ward to ward mapping across 2001-2011

the zip file is at
https://github.com/avinashcelestine/village_town_mapping_2001_2011