I am a developer at NASA, and today my team and I launched a feature on
NASA Worldview that makes it easy to discover satellite imagery of recent
natural events including hurricanes, wildfires, icebergs, algal blooms,
volcanoes and more.

You can browse all recent events on the map, or see a chronological list of
events here: https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov?e=true

Here's a link to imagery of Hurricane Maria:
https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov?e=EONET_3281

And the Agung Volcano in Bali, Indonesia:
https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov?e=EONET_3286

And that infamous iceberg the size of Delaware:
https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?p=geographic&l=MODIS_Aqua_Brightness_Temp_Band31_Night&t=2017-07-21&z=3&v=-75.575625,-75.40625,-46.044375,-59.09375&e=true

If you don't see the imagery you're looking for after clicking on an event,
try changing the date or changing the visibility of some of the layers in
the "Layers" tab. Sometimes events aren't visible on the day they are
reported, and may be obstructed by cloud cover or satellite maneuvers, so
looking at different dates and/or layers can help.

Once you've found the imagery you're looking for, you can also download the
data using the "Data" tab, and import it into your preferred GIS software.

Most recent events you've heard of in the news should be in the list, but
if you notice any that are missing, you can contact the Earth Observatory
Natural Events Tracker and request to have them added to the list.

If you have any feature requests feel free to file an issue or pull request
on our GitHub repo, and if you notice any bugs, you can report them from
the Worldview app by clicking on the info icon and then "Send Feedback".

Source: Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/gis/comments/72n7sn/nasa_just_added_a_feature_that_makes_it_easy_to/

Thej
--