Hi all,
we (Datameet Pune & CIS) have released the first version of our web app for
rainfall data, allowing you to download daily rainfall data for an area of
your interest for the time period from 1981 to 2017
http://www.indiawaterportal.org/articles/open-water-data-integrated-water-science

the dataset used to show precipitation data is CHIRPS v 2.0, the same
dataset used by the IIT Gandhinagar team in their recent publication.
http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/science/iit-team-develops-system-to-monitor-drought-in-south-asia/article19803285.ece

P.S.: Do note however that their dataset has been further corrected for
errors and biases to compare it with IMD data, which we haven't done yet.
Planning to do so in the coming months.

Few requests
1) If there's anyone out here who has scraped IMD weather station data in
the past few years we would very much like to see that, it would help in
further validating the CHIRPS data. Please do get in touch.
2) If anyone out here works in water resources/hydrology/RS or is
interested in the same we would like to chat to see how we can take this
work further.
3) We need people to test out the app and give feedback or point out
issues. Fill out a short feedback form here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRiwn-fBp1P-UAV9HKLGnrEjJWW6gw8E-OMTfR9qxdJrHdKw/viewform>

Best
Craig