Hello,

In the process of trying to combine and study the other sources of a
comprehensive directory of Indian villages I stumbled in to this.

https://www.dbtdacfw.gov.in/

On this website go to DOWNLOAD _ MASTERS and you can directly download A
masyer at every level from State to Village.

The village list contains  7,10,319 Entries .. at least about 50,000 more
than other single source.

Downloading is easy .. no scraping required.

For the benefit of New People the other Known sources were

1. Census
2. Local Government Directory
3. Rural Ministry data
4. Water ministry habitation data.

Update as I am writing this

Ran "Remove Duplicates" On that file and found about 8000 absolute
duplicates after removal

7,02,068 Villages Remain ...... Still substantially more than other
sources.

Note : I have not yet studied the masters for Veracity.

Regards

Dilip Damle