Hello Partha,

This email is about plan B (seeing that your original request was made an
year ago).

In the event that you have PDF/image maps of what you need but no
shapefile, you can make your own shapefiles. I did that for latest
municipal wards for Pune, MH, gave all the official source links and
disclaimers in documentation (that this is volunteer traced, no guarantees,
for accuracy go to officials, etc etc), and some orgs here have been happy
to take and use the shapefile in their work.

See *this guide I've made for non-GIS folks
<http://datameet.org/2016/08/12/guide-on-digitizing-static-maps/>*, and
there are many others on the net, videos even. Search for "geo-referencing"
or "digitising maps". There are also students, freshers around looking for
such work so they can add to their cv's.

And if shapes are too cumbersome and the end requirement is just to show
locations on map, then getting single lat-long point of each place is an
easier task.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ