Hi Rajesh,

This data source from Tokyo University is from 2011 apparently, but at
least over regions in Maharashtra when I overlaid it on satellite view it
was pointing out several habitations / hamlets that weren't even marked on
OSM or Google Maps yet. So give it a go.
http://india.csis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/default/download

Note: this link was previously shared on this group here, one can find by
searching the group on groups.googe.com:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/datameet/SGRdtryN1k0/t2mzwQkAq9UJ

Regards
Nikhil VJ, Pune, India
http://nikhilvj.co.in