Hi all,

I am a student at National Institute of Design. I wanted to reach out to you to
ask for some help on a project I am working on.

I am creating an interactive website for India's crime data as part of my
thesis project.

I have been using the data provided by NCRB as part of their report for 2016.
(That's the last public report I could find)

First & foremost I was wondering if I can find more recent crime data (2017 or
2018) would really appreciate it if someone can guide me to the right place to
get this as NCRB doesn't have any data beyond 2016.

Also while working on the data from the 2016 report, I found a lot of
discrepancies specifically in terms of the calculations (mismatch of totals
mainly)

I was wondering if someone has feedback on how to clean/understand discrepancy
in the data?

Also tI was surprised to find a major caveat I found in the NCRB report which
follows the  practice of basing data collection upon the “principal offence”
rule. In short, if a rape also involves the murder of a victim then the crime
is recorded as a murder and not a rape. This means that some of the most brutal
and high profile rape cases in recent memory would not be a part of a dataset.

How to deal with this caveat?

I would really appreciate any help/suggestions/feedbacks. Also  would like to
get in touch with others who are looking at this dataset and trying to do
something with it.

Please feel free to ping me here or email me separately.

Cheers,
Paridhi