Hi Nishadh,

Thanks for sharing this! Great job on compiling all the states data
together in your repo.

Query for all: See this screenshot:

<https://files.nikhilvj.co.in/census-atlas-sample.png>

Click here to see full
image: https://files.nikhilvj.co.in/census-atlas-sample.png

1. Are those boundaries for villages, or census blocks? (Or are they one
and the same?)

2. Are there thicker and lighter boundaries in there, or is that just my
eyes playing with the rasterized image?

3. Are the point locations with numbers : Villages, or polling stations? Or
something else?

4. If villages, then do those numbers mean the last digits of 2011 census
code?

5. Do those points coincide with sizeable human settlement locations?

We should geo-reference this stuff! Tall order, but hey, doesn't hurt to
put it out there - maybe there's a GIS student out there looking for a
worthy side project to show off on their CV? Just sayin' !

Regards
Nikhil VJ, Pune, India
https://nikhilvj.co.in