Nice! I did not know this!

On 19-04-2019 06:46, Naraina Damle wrote:
I would like to add my two cents to this discussion.

You need to read, study, learn and practice this stuff about Coordinate System and projections.

You can always land up in surprise\ing situations.

One thing I would like to mention here is to Split the thing in Two Aspects : DATUM and PROJECTION and understand the difference between the two.

Simply stated just saying "WGS84" is not complete. It is only talking about Datum and not projections.

DATUM DECIDES WHAT IS THE PRECISE LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE OF  A PLACE.

As per WGS84 the ZERO Longitude is NOT at Greenwhich line  it is a little away.

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/88428/why-is-the-gps-reference-meridian-100m-to-the-east-of-the-prime-meridian

One needs to Know and use Datum even if you want to make a Map on a Actually Sphere / Globe. But in this case you do not need projection.

PROJECTION DECIDES HOW YOU ARE FLATTENING THE SPHERE/ PART OF IT TO SEE IT ON A FLAT MAP.

So in case of a Flat map You need to be careful about DATUM as well as PROJECTION.

Datum is required because there were historical maps made with Datum other than WGS84.

...... This is just a simplified way but it is more complex. I am a permanent learner.

Regards
Naraina Damle