Dear Digvijay:

Thanks for this information. I did not know about the censusgis.org portal. It seems to have boundaries for areas where I have otherwise drawn a blank. BUT it is really hard to use this portal for anything other than to 'see' approximately what is going on. Pity. Do you know who RIDDHI is? It appears to have been authorised by Census of India to put this up.

You may also notice that the IITB maps are _different_ from the Census maps. They appear to come from the MRSAC maps that are present on the MRSAC portal. (Not sure why CSE-IITB folks have not indicated the source). These maps/boundaries are in my opinion much more accurate (both in terms of their shape and their geo-positioning) as compared to Census maps, but that leaves certain questions about missing villages unanswered... The missing polygons in these maps appear to be either forest polygons or town polygons, and am curious why they have gone missing. Is there someone from CSE-IITB team that we can loop in on this?

Sharad