Web-scraping requires knowledge of some programming language. In essence,
it is an art of transforming HTML to a format you like. For common tasks,
you can find some tools easily on the net e.g., extract all tables from
this URL and save them as csv.

For example, you can get the html from the above link using `curl` and pass
it to `pandoc` (or html2text) to convert to plain text.

[dilawars@localhost Downloads]$ curl
https://vmc.gov.in/WaterLevel.aspx | pandoc -f html -t plain
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 14330  100 14330    0     0  33325      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 33325
Water Level Statistics

Ajwa

Vishwamitri

      Date      Time    Level (Feet)
  ------------ ------- --------------
   17/06/2020   06:00      207.65
   17/06/2020   03:00      207.55
   17/06/2020   00:00      207.55

      Date      Time    Level (Feet)
  ------------ ------- --------------
   17/06/2020   06:00       4.00
   16/06/2020   21:00       4.00
   16/06/2020   18:00       4.00

Copy paste this in a Libreoffice-Calc or MS OFFICE spreadsheet and see if
it gets converted to a spreadsheet.

Anyway, this webpage does accept a POST request but only in encrypted
format. So it is essentially useless. Contact the author of
https://craigdsouza.github.io/data/IMD-Hourly-Precipitation-Data, he
scraped rainfall data from IMD website (2018). This data is probably of no
use to you but he might know a better source to get this data. I couldn't
locate time series data for a city on IMD website.

best,
   Dilawar

--
Dilawar