Hi Priya,
The National Crime Records Bureau publish an annual report *Crime in India*
which is probably what you are looking for. Here's the url for the report
for 2019:
https://ncrb.gov.in/en/crime-india-2019-0. The only difficulty with using
their data is that tables are in pdf format. I find that Tabula does a good
job of extracting the data in csv format.

best wishes,

Peter Mayer