Hi Peter,

Can you share a sample instruction (click this -> click that) or link on
how to reach a place on the website where we can see a listing under the
IPC code?

<digressing>
About KritiDev - do you mean KrutiDev?

There's converters available now to convert from legacy ascii fonts (where
we would use a custom font to make A's glyph look like one akshar and B
look like another akshar and so on) to unicode (where different languages
have their own char code and co-exist).

I found various websites on searching online for "hindi to unicode
converter", but also there's this open source collection of htmls contain
javascripts that I have used to work with earlier:
https://sites.google.com/site/hindifontconverters/files. Has simple web
page files with javascripts to do the conversions.

A budget document I was working with 5 yrs back had its own version of
legacy font - I hacked into one javascript here, added in new mappings and
customised my own converter.

Sorry to digress but just sharing in case the legacy font thing was being a
blocker to anyone. Also if someone wants to build a full solution out of
this that takes say word docs and converts to unicode without losing
formatting and can bring in some resources - let me know. I didn't have the
skills to programmatically work with office docs 5 yrs ago; I do now.

And there was one surprise finding related to this: I've found that legacy
fonts survive the journey through pdfs better than unicode. So if an
institution insists on sharing documents as pdf, I'd rather have them stick
to their old legacy fonts and use one of these converter tools at my end to
get the text out into unicode.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ