Hi Thej and Gautam,

>From what I know, Gautam is exactly right.  For example, in Delhi, the
Directorate of Education maintains 13 education districts that do not
correspond to the 10 administrative districts for Delhi. They are for
management and administrative purposes within the Directorate of Education
(see here: http://www.edudel.nic.in/mis/schoolplant/school_information.htm
and look at by district).  I'm not sure if they maintain maps of these
boundaries.

I can't speak for any other states.

Adding to Gautam and others approach beyond KA, you can also get lat/long
for a lot of schools from here: https://schoolgis.nic.in/. I believe many
on here have also pointed to that site. Scraping that data and matching to
DISE data gets you ~85% of the schools.  DISE school codes minus the last
two digits gets you villages, so you can then get another couple of percent
by matching any schools with missing lat/longs that are in the same village
as schools with lat/longs.

>From there you could aggregate up to the administrative district.

hth,
Emmerich